Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Coming together

Everything is beginning to fall into place around here, looking back it is hard to believe we moved here a mere four months ago.  We have learned and accomplished so much, with a ton more togo!
  We sold the "boys" the ones that we're kidded earlier this year, and gained a new stud. He's a boer, which is a meat bread that we plan on mixing with our dairy girls. 
   Two girls are close to kidding and already bagging up. Keeping them warm this winter will be a challenge! Our original girls both pregnant too.

  About a month ago a neighbor gave us two Aarabian horses, Flicka, and Ritz.  The are both unbroke, for now.  I did get Ritz to take a bit yeterday for the first time.  I am able to hop on his back most of the time.  Flicka is a bit more freespirted but did let me on her back for the first time yesterday. 
  After coming off a big high from the horses yesterday I was feeling a little cocky today and got on Ritz and ended up in the snow!  I normaly cannot even get him to "walk on", today he decided to canter out of the barn, and away I went, I made the decision to bale off while I could since I didn't want to end up in a pile of poo!  We are looking for a saddle which should help greatly!
 
Most days I spend a bit of time in the barn in the morning and evening working with them, the kids say a smell like horse! Ha better than a lot of things!

  We're still working on finding a balance of in and out door chores school and play time but we're getting there! 
  In the last few months we have added a pen to the barn, fenced in a few acres, pulled up old fencing, painted the whole house, and mostly unpacked.  At times I feel discouraged at lack of daily progress, but am re-energized when Brian puts everything into perspective! I miss our online journal and am hoping to have more time to keep track of our daily crazies! Plus if I magically do get these crazy horses broke I will need to come back and re-read because it will certainly be by accident ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment