Sunday, December 22, 2013

More Snow!

It seems all it does anymore is snow snow snow snow, granted I'll take the snow of the freezing -8 million degrees, but enough already!  As of yesterday I cannot use the service door on the barn it's frozen shut.  It actually happened while I was in yesterday morning feeding the animals, when it was time to leave I could not open the door! I ended up going out the animals door and stepping over the electric fence, cringing praying i wouldn't slip!
  Since I started giving the horses vitamins and weight booster in their grain they have been less crabby and grain crazy.  For awhile thats all they wanted all the time, constantly cross!
   Flicka let me "ride" her again yesterday, ( I climbed on her bare back and held on to her mane hoping I don't die) she stood pretty good for me and didn't try to plow me into any rails this time so I guess she's getting better. I get off of her anytime she leaves the barn I'm not ready for her in open spaces yet.
  I went out into the yard with Ritz a few times, the last time I ended up in a snow bank.  This is when they were in the grain crazy stage. I swear they're like a person needing a fix and nothing else matters they just want their "drug"!
  The new ducks seem to be settling in and the chickens are sharing food with them.  We've lost a few chickens this month anymore and everyones getting wormed! But for the most part our poultry is doing well.
  Our 5 meat birds are getting pretty plump and I won't be able to put the deed off for much longer, and our egg layers are doing great, we're back up to about 35% yippee!!

Wishing you all a merry Christ filled Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment